- PROJECT CODE: BI-NO/20-22-011
- PROJECT TITLE: Combining indoor environmental quality with human movement science to improve school quality
- PROJECT TEAM: Nejc Šarabon, PhD (leader), Dean Lipovac
- PERIOD: 01.11.2020 – 31.10.2022
- BUDGET: €3,000.00
- FINANCING: Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS)
- PARTNERS: InnoRenew CoE (Slovenia); Norwegian University of Life Sciences (Norway)
Students spend much of their time in classrooms with variable indoor conditions, and their physical activity is often restricted to limited periods. Classroom design factors, such as material selection and layout, contribute to psychophysiological well-being and safety. Likewise, classroom furniture design and its fit to pupils’ changing bodies, in combination with opportunities to be active, can affect students’ musculoskeletal health. Improving these factors should lead to happier, healthier and higher performing students and teachers.
Addressing these issues wholisticially requires interdisciplinary collaboration. This bilateral project will combine the expertise of involved researchers in ongoing and future research related to healthy built environments that addresses occupant well-being in buildings, with a focus on schools and school pupils.
InnoRenew CoE project activities
InnoRenew CoE will help to develop learning content and forms related to aspects of ergonomics and environmental health.