- PROJECT CODE: J1-50000
- PROJECT TITLE: Hamilton cycles with rotational symmetry in connected vertex-transitive graphs
- PROJECT LEADER: Balázs Dávid, PhD for InnoRenew CoE
- PERIOD: 01.10.2023 – 30.09.2026
- BUDGET: 45.000 EUR for InnoRenew CoE
- FINANCING: ARIS
- PROJECT COORDINATOR: UP IAM (Slovenia)
- PARTNERS: InnoRenew CoE (Slovenia), UP IAM (Slovenia), Faculty of Education of the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
Motivated by recently introduced graph parameter that quantifies how symmetric a Hamilton cycle in a graph can be the proposed project on symmetries of Hamilton cycles in connected vertex-transitive graphs.
The main object of the proposed project is to study Hamilton compression of connected vertex-transitive graphs, those for which the existency Hamilton cycles is already known, and in view of the connection with the polycirculant conjecture, also those for which no information on Hamilton cycles has been obtained thus far. In this sense the proposed project has a clear link to the Lovasz hamiltonicity problem for vertex-transitive graphs.