- Grant No.: 857188
- PROJECT TITLE: Pilots for Healthy and Active Ageing – PHArA-ON
- PROJECT LEADER: Scuola superiore di studi universitari e di perfezionamento Sant’Anna (Italy) / Michael David Burnard, PhD (for InnoRenew CoE)
- PERIOD: 1. 12. 2019 – 31. 11. 2023
- PROJECT COORDINATOR: Scuola superiore di studi universitari e di perfezionamento Sant’Anna (Italy)
- PARTNERS: Hewlett Packard Italiana s.r.l. (Italy); FONDZIONE CASA SOLLIEVO DELLA SOFFERENZA (Italy); UP Umana Persone (Italy); CO-ROBOTICS SRL (Italy); ORTHOKEY ITALIA SRL (Italy); ASOCIACION EMPRESARIAL DE INVESTIGACION CENTRO TECNOLOGICO DEL MUEBLEY LA MADERA DE LA REGION DE MURCIA (Spain); SERVICIO MURCIANO DE SALUD (Spain); UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE CARTAGENA (Spain); MY ENERGIA ONER SL (Spain); CONSEJERIA DE IGUALDAD Y POLITICAS SOCIALES DE LA JUNTA DE ANDALUCIA (Spain); UNIVERSIDAD DE JAEN (Spain); FUNDACION AGEING SOCIAL LAB (Spian); ROBOTNIK AUTOMATION SLL (Spain); INDRA SISTEMAS SA (Spain); IRMANDADE DA SANTA CASA DA MISERICORDIA DA AMADORA IPSS (Portugal); UNIVERSIDADE DA BEIRA INTERIOR (Portugal); CARITAS DIOCESANA DE COIMBRA (Portugal); UNIVERSIDADE DE COIMBRA (Portugal); Maastricht Instruments (Netherlands); ROESSINGH RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT BV (Netherlands); STICHTING NATIONAAL OUDERENFONDS (Netherlands); UNIVERSITEIT TWENTE (Netherlands); AdSysCo B.V. (Netherlands); THE INNORENEW COE (Slovenia); NACIONALNI INSTITUT ZA JAVNO ZDRAVJE (Slovenia); DOM UPOKOJENCEV IZOLA – Casa del pensionato Isola (SIovenia); ERICSSON NIKOLA TESLA D.D. (Croatia); ASCORA GMBH (Germany); STELAR SECURITY TECHNOLOGY LAW RESEARCH UG (Germany); GIP AUTONOM’LAB (France); INFORMATION CATALYST FOR ENTERPRISE LTD (UK); AGE PLATFORM EUROPE (Belgium); Minds & Sparks GmbH (Austria); Domalys SAS (France); Glintt – Healthcare Solutions, S.A (Portugal); SENLAB, DRUŽBA ZA INFORMACIJSKO TEHNOLOGIJO, D.O.O. (Slovenia); SENTAB ESTONIA OU (Estonia); TALLINNA TEHNIKAULIKOOL (Estonia); DIN DEUTSCHES INSTITUT FUER NORMUNG E.V. (Germany); UNINFO – Associazione di Normazione Informatica (Italy)
- FINANCED: EU, Horizon 2020
- BUDGET: 21.547.063,75 (3.531.875,00 EUR for the InnoRenew CoE; 3.000.000,00 EUR linked to third parties)
PHArA-ON’s overall objective is to make smart and active living a reality for Europe’s ageing population. The project aims to accomplish this by creating a set of integrated, highly customizable, and interoperable open platforms with advanced services, devices, and tools, including the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, robotics, cloud computing, smart wearables, big data, and intelligent analytics. Platform interoperability will be implemented in PHArA-ON ecosystems and platforms as well as other standardised platforms within the domains of health, energy, transport, and smart cities. PHArA-ON will consider relevant standards and contribute to them with the help of the consortium’s two standardisation bodies. Data privacy, cybersecurity, interoperability, and openness will be key design principles pursued through requirements generated by PHArA-ON experts. PHArA-ON will be built upon mature, existing, and state-of-the-art open platforms and technologies/tools provided by the partners, which will be customised and implement cloud technologies, artificial intelligence techniques, and traditional algorithms for big data intelligent analytics. A user-centred approach will be followed. PHArA-ON will evolve based on user feedback and results from an MAFEIP framework that will be implemented for impact assessment. Both inputs will be used to find innovative solutions through two open calls: (1) single solutions and (2) solutions to be demonstrated in small-scale pilots. PHArA-ON’s integrated platforms will be validated in two stages: (1) pre-validation and (2) large-scale pilots in six pilot sites located in Murcia and Andalusia (Spain), Portugal, The Netherlands, Slovenia, and Italy. A team of partners in each pilot will ensure PHArA-ON’s wide applicability and sound development. A set of development tools will be created and made publicly available to simplify customisation and integration. These tools and dissemination of results will spread the generated knowledge to promote development of new solutions similar to PHArA-ON.
InnoRenew CoE main activities in the project
InnoRenew CoE will support the Slovenian demonstration project, advise on technical implementation of a joint platform, and propose design and structural considerations to support ICT integrations into the built environment. InnoRenew CoE will lead WP6 – Ecosystem Evolution – to plan, initiate, and operate a grant scheme for third parties that will demonstrate the scalability and adaptability of the PHArA-ON platform by connecting it with new and existing solutions for testing and demonstration. InnoRenew CoE will also provide reporting support for national partners, contribute to pre- and post-analysis of the demonstration system, and support the identification of relevant national and regional initiatives related to policy, workforce training, and higher education programmes as well as participate in project networking and dissemination activities both nationally and internationally.