PROJECT COORDINATOR: NATAC BIOTECH SL
- PROJECT CODE: N2-0171
- PROJECT TITLE: Graph Theory and Combinatorial Scientific Computing
- PROJECT LEADER: Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana / Miklós Krész, PhD (for InnoRenew CoE)
- PERIOD: 01.01.2021 – 31.12.2023
- BUDGET: €105,000.00 (€26,250.00 for InnoRenew CoE)
- FINANCING: Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS)
- PARTNERS: Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia); InnoRenew CoE (Slovenia); Jožef Stefan Institute (Slovenia); Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics (Hungary)
This project will identify problems related to Combinatorial Scientific Computing in connection with graph theory. Optimization graph algorithms will be designed and implemented for solving these problems on massively parallel computers. A special focus of the research will be connecting applications and theory. Applications will come from various fields including combinatorial chemistry, system biology, market and portfolio analysis, engineering, the social sciences, biomateriomics and applied mathematics. Although the project will have both theoretical and applied components, they will support each other. Applications will contain important practical problems (those typically simpler than problems in full generality), and theoretical research will attempt to yield results that can be applied to develop effective massively parallel procedures.
InnoRenew CoE project activities
The InnoRenew CoE team will develop scalable graph analytics methods that can be used for relevant applications such as computational biomateriomics, optimization of sustainable buildings and circular economy markets. Developed methods will be evaluated on real data.