June 21, 2019Read more
17. February 2017, Brussels
In Brussels, InnoRenew participated in the signing ceremony for Horizon 2020 funding Teaming project winners. Our project partners had the honour of meeting with other Teaming project winners and with Robert-Jan Smits of the Directorate-General for Research and Innovation.
Teaming, or institution building, is meant to help strengthen new or already existing centres of excellence by partnering them up with renowned scientific institutions. Among 169 applications for Horizon 2020 funding, 30 were selected for the Teaming Phase 1, thus obtaining funding to finance a detailed business plan preparation for their project proposals. After Phase 2 applications evaluation, 10 proposals were chosen and received further funding in order to develop their winning ideas. We are honoured to be a part of this select group!
Other winning projects include:
- CAMART2 – Centre of Advanced Materials Research and Technology Transfer (Latvia)
- EPIC – Centre of Excellence in Production Informatics and Control (Hungary)
- HCEMM – Hungarian Centre of Excellence for Molecular Medicine (Hungary)
- ANTARES – Centre of Excellence for Advanced Technologies in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (Serbia)
- HiLASE Centre of Excellence (Czech Republic)
- FunGlass – Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses (Slovakia)
- The Discoveries Centre for Regenerative and Precision Medicine (Portugal)
- PlantaSYST – Centre of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology for the translation of fundamental research into sustainable bio-based technologies (Bulgaria)
- KIOS Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence (Cyprus)
Read more about Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.