- PROJECT CODE: BI-DA/20-22-001
- PROJECT TITLE: Comparison of sound field characterization methods
- PROJECT LEADER: Rok Prislan, PhD
- PERIOD: 01.11.2020 – 31.10.2022
- BUDGET: €3,000.00
- FINANCING: Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS)
- PARTNERS: InnoRenew CoE (Slovenia); Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
The diffuse sound field is an important idealized field in acoustics for standardized acoustic measurements, simple predictions and a broad range of theoretical derivations. Surprisingly, there is no general agreement about the definition of the diffuse sound field, its quantification or characterization.
This research project compares two sound field characterization methods related to the diffuse sound field, impulse response sensitivity and plane wave decomposition. These methods have been developed by InnoRenew CoE and Technical University of Denmark research groups, and comparison will be done on both a theoretical and experimental level.
InnoRenew CoE project activities
InnoRenew CoE researchers will lead the theoretical and experimental portions of the project. A common theoretical ground for both experimental sound field characterization approaches will be determined, and the experimental validation procedure will be specified. Both impulse response sensitivity and plane wave decomposition measurements will be carried out under laboratory conditions.