January 15, 2021Read more
Michał Bosak, MSc student from Gdańsk University of Technology, on a research visit at InnoRenew CoE; main research interests: AI, software development and data analysis
- Where were you living in childhood and where do you live now?
I have lived in Gdańsk, the most beautiful city in Poland. During my internship, I live in Koper.
- What have you studied and what were the motives for your decision?
I’ve studied robotics and control engineering. A few years ago, I didn’t know what I prefer – hardware or software. So, I decided to go for it and try these studies.
- How would you describe your work to someone outside your field?
To someone who isn’t completely familiar with technology, I would say that I do some magic to make equipment or programs work.
- What does your typical working day look like?
Wake up at 7 a.m., eat breakfast and go directly to the office. Sometimes I take a lunch break. Come back in late afternoon. Do some physical activities. Eat dinner. Read a book or do some computer stuff.
- What makes you excited about your work?
Feeling of self-development.
- And what is the biggest challenge at your work?
Learning new technologies to solve complicated problems.
- Which scientist or scientific achievement are you fascinated by and why?
Nikola Tesla, because he made a huge impact on electricity, which runs our whole world.
- Tell us about the work of art (books, music, movies, theatre, dance, visual arts) that has a special place in your life.
Definitely music. It makes me more creative and relaxed.
- What have you read, listened to, or watched lately?
I used to listen to a harder type of music (e.g., rock or metal). I read book “Why We Sleep” by Matthew Walker, and I recommend it to make people more conscious about the importance of sleep.
- Describe your very first impression of Slovenia.
Hell, because of the high temperature.
- What do you like about Slovenia and what do you miss most from your homeland?
Friendliness of people to others, which isn’t that casual in Poland.
- Which place on the Slovene coast do you like the most?
Path for pedestrians between Koper and Izola – it’s magical.
- What makes you enthusiastic?
Everything that interests me.
- Characterize your life’s guidance or an important realization (or epiphany) you have experienced.
Being curious about the world.
- What does the charm of wood mean to you?
Its natural beauty.