November 30, 2023Read more
Goals and Tasks
The candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting experiments to evaluate the barrier properties, biodegradability, and the performance of biobased multipurpose materials. The applicant should be proactive and motivated to perform interdisciplinary research. Key tasks will cover biomass and material analysis using various techniques, including chemical, biochemical, physical, optical, spectroscopic and chromatographic methods. The applicant should have a good knowledge of English, both orally and in writing.
The ideal candidate should possess a master’s degree in biotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, wood science, or related fields. Further requirements include:
- excellent communication skills in English,
- the ability to interact with the industry and other researchers,
- and the ability to formulate and communicate new research ideas (research proposal preparation).
The candidate is expected to have an interest in interdisciplinary work and the capacity to work in an international environment. The applicant must also fulfill the requirements for doctoral students at the University of Primorska. For more details, see:
What we offer
- 1-year contract with an option for renewal (recommended duration for doctoral studies is 3 years)
- Competitive salary with possible performance-based raises
- Opportunity to work with established researchers and with state of the art research equipment
Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and the facilities of the University of Primorska do not exclude any person based on race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, or disability. In processing your application, the GDPR will be respected and your information will not be shared outside of the relevant staff at the University of Primorska. By submitting your application, you agree that the data you provide be reviewed by these organizations.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter for this doctoral position (maximum one A4 page)
- Summary (track record) of previous research experience (master’s thesis for example)
- Certified copy of master’s degree certificate and official transcript of records, and their translations, if the originals are not in English
Please mention PhD Multipurpose Materials in the title (subject) of your email.
All materials should be in English and submitted in PDF format no later than 15 of September 2023.
The candidate should clearly state if graduating in 2023. For any additional information, you can contact us by email: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For further information about the research topic, please contact Dr. Rene Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The expected start date of the PhD enrolment is 1st October 2023.
Please send applications to: email@example.com