January 20, 2021Read more
Barbara Kotrle, administrative support colleague at InnoRenew CoE
- Where were you living in childhood and where do you live now?
I spent my childhood in Korte, a village above Izola. Recently, however, I moved only a few kilometers away to Šared.
- What have you studied and what were the motives for your decision?
I am currently completing my studies as a business secretary at VSŠ DOBA. I chose this study partly because I was attracted to the syllabus of the program, as it is very diverse. It is true, however, that the “last kick” to continue my studies was given to me by my family and friends.
- How would you describe your work to someone outside your field?
The main areas of my work are arranging business trips for employees at InnoRenew CoE and purchases (e.g., research materials and everything else the institute needs). In addition, various paperwork editing, employee support and similar tasks are included in between.
- What does your typical working day look like?
Let’s just say that the working day usually starts with me picking up mail on the way to work. Then I come to the office, have a coffee, check my emails, deliver the mail and do the rest of the work — usually various orders, travel orders, documentation preparation …
- What makes you excited about your work?
Diversity of work. I also like that I can offer support to employees and colleagues and, additionally, get to know their areas of work (accounting, human resources, etc.).
- And what is the biggest challenge at your work?
Organize time and work appropriately and efficiently so that all tasks are performed to the best of my ability.
- Which scientist or scientific achievement are you fascinated by and why?
I appreciate all the scientific achievements; I think they are key to the development of our society.
- Tell us about the work of art (books, music, movies, theatre, dance, visual arts) that has a special place in your life.
Good music and films that touch me (usually dramas).
- What have you read, listened to, or watched lately?
Listened to radio Capris 😊
- Which place on the Slovene coast do you like the most?
These would be places where there is a view of the sea (e.g., the view from Belvedere to Izola and Italy). But also, the view from the office where I work is praiseworthy 😊
- What makes you enthusiastic?
Good company, good food and, above all, a clean and tidy apartment 😊
- Characterize your life’s guidance or an important realization (or epiphany) you have experienced.
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ― Paulo Coelho
- What does the charm of wood mean to you?
Its use in a wide variety of areas and its feeling of warmth.